Whether you have just heard of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia for the first time, or are a frequent vistor to our site, we are glad you found us and hope our site can be of help to you.
To bring together the Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia community in Australia.
To improve the lives of those affected by Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia in Australia through support, advocacy, and education.
The Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Support Group Australia (CAHSGA) was formed in 1985. We are working to improve knowledge and services for those affected by CAH.
We are a small not for profit group run entirely by volunteers.
What we do
- Provide support for those affected by CAH and their families
- Hold CAH Symposiums bi-annually in different locations around Australia
- Provide products and resources related to CAH
- Advocate for CAH to be added to the newborn screening program
- Advocate for appropriate emergency medical care
- Organise local support groups for affected individuals and their families
CAHSGA Donations Page
Please consider donating to assist us to keep this group a viable support network. You can make a donation here and, remember, all donations greater than $2 are tax deductible.
IN THE NEWS...Newborn Screening
Newborn screening for CAH is still not routinely tested for in Australia. We are one of the only developed countries who do not test for CAH.
The mortality rate for boys with CAH is higher than that of girls. If we had newborn screening this would not be the case.
See the News page for details of CAHSGA efforts in this area.